Donate your extra breastmilk at an upcoming Milk Drive:
May 6: Dallas - in honor of Mother's Day
Follow us on Instagram @texasmilkbank and Facebook @mothermilkbank for updates!
See details below and complete the form to attend to the right:
Friday, May 6
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
1441 North Beckley Ave
Dallas, Texas 75203
Mothers of premature infants often struggle to produce adequate breastmilk for a variety of reasons. For these families, donor human milk is a welcomed gift during one of the most stressful times of their lives. Donating to a nonprofit milk bank ensures that fragile babies in our community receive safe, optimal nutrition with immunological protection.
- Learn more about how donor milk saves little lives.
- Learn more about babies who have received life-saving donor human milk.
- Learn more about what we do by watching our video overview.
What is a Milk Drive?
Much like blood drives, milk drive events are held at North Texas and Arkansas locations throughout the year to provide a convenient and safe drop-off option for donating extra breastmilk. Our goal is to make donating as convenient and easy as possible for approved donors as well as mothers who would like to start or complete the three-step screening process.
How to Become a Donor
- Complete an online eligibility form. (right)
- Complete a medical history questionnaire. (We can call you in advance for a 15-minute phone interview or you can complete this step at the milk drive.)
- Get a free, non-fasting blood test. (This can be done safely by a phlebotomist at the milk drive or scheduled at another time.)
- You must be approved as a donor before your milk can be processed and dispensed. (If you would like to wait to donate until you are approved, you can schedule a milk pick-up after completing steps 1 & 2 above.)
- Milk left at the milk drive cannot be returned.